Call for Papers: Association of Dress Historians
The Association of Dress Historians (ADH) supports and promotes the study and professional practice of dress and textile history. A CALL FOR PAPERS has been issued for our annual International Conference of Dress Historians, to be held on Friday, 27 October 2017 at The Art Workers’ Guild, 6 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3AT, England. The title and theme of the conference is: INTERWOVEN: Dress that Crosses Borders and Challenges Boundaries.
Topics of potential papers could include (but are not limited to):
• Cross-cultural appropriation of clothing and textiles
• Representation of genderless dress through subcultural style;
• Androgynous dressing from the high street to the royal court;
• Android to cyborg: fashion and technology’s ongoing relationship;
• Fashion designers who challenge boundaries in innovative ways;
• Icons who adopt clothing and textiles that challenge boundaries;
• Clothing and textiles that cross political or state barriers;
• Uniforms and occupational dress that have crossed into popularity;
• Industrial and manufacturing processes that have crossed boundaries.
Please submit your conference paper proposal for a twenty-minute presentation as a .doc or .docx file (saved as firstname_lastname) that includes your name, email address, affiliation, descriptive paper title, a 200-word abstract, and a 100-word biography. The deadline for submissions is 23:59 GMT, Sunday, 15 January 2017. Notification of the outcome of proposals will be advised by 23:59 GMT, Friday, 20 January 2017.